Need help bad (please help me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickRingo

Solid State Member
Ok heres the deal. I just went out & bought a barebone system from the pc show. It included a case, mobo, cpu & video card. I already had the hd, dvdrw & the ram. So anyway i went home & pluged in the hd, dvdrw & ram but ran into some major problems. When i went to boot up my system i got this message saying - (btw I already have a OS on my hd)

Windows could not start because of the followiing file is missing or corrupt.

<Windows Root> /System32/hal.dll.

Please re-install a copy of the above file.

Or Windows couldnt not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.

Please check the windows doucumention about the hardware discj configuration and your hardware reference manuals for the additional information.

So somebody told me to just run my winxp disc & click on repair option so that it can replace the file so i did just that. Now i ran into another problem. When i try to run my xp disc to either repair or re-install i get another error message saying this -

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your compute.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONEPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you;ve seen this stop error screen,restart your computer.If this sreen appears again follow these steps -

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is proberly installed. If this is a new installion,ask your hardware or software manufactor for any windows update you might need.

If problems contunue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software, Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safemod to remove or disable components, restart your computer, pree f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safemod.

Heres the parts i got in my system -

AMD Seporm 2500
Asrock Motherboard
2x256 Micron PC2100 DDR
WD 80GB HD
NEC 3500 DVD Burner
ATI Readon 9250

I tried this but for some reason it keeps on freezing up on me. At first it was doing whatever its suppose to but then like 15 minutes into it, it just froze up. I hit esc & tried again & it froze right up on me.

errrr you got some bad hardware or something man, probably your ram, but it could be other stuff too. Try running just one of your ram sticks at a time.

Im thinking about just bringing it to a local pc & having them firgure out whats wrong with it. The guy said he will charge me $50 to test it & find out whats the problem. Now the bad thing is how much is it gonna cost me to fix the problem.

depends on what it is. Once you find out what is bad, you can just buy it from newegg, and probably save a lot of money.

Yeah im just gonna do that. It'll save me sometime & less headaces. Hopefully its nothing major & costly.

That is the Crucial file needed for the system!

hal.dll Is the "Hardware Abstraction Layer" .Dynamic link library and should be fixable through scandisk or recovery console and would then ask for installation CD for the system Core files. That should fix it

You might have to reformat the harddrive and do a clean installation again, as I recall you can't put a harddrive with an OS on another computer with different hardware, especially in windows xp.

$50 buck just to check the computer? LOL their making money off you just for looking at something obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom