need help about my hard drive.. plz help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

salubahi

Beta member
hi ppl.. i have a 20 GB maxtor... and it stopped working..
now when the BIOS detects the hard drive, it shows the label somthing like
Maxtor Athena WAH[some numbers]
but after that it says that primary master failed.. and the primary master is that hard drive. please help me out about how can i fix this problem as the data on my hard drive is very important and i need it back in any way possible...
another thing i like to tell is that ive used the PowerMax disk manager software. it runs 6 tests to check the disk installation. the first three tests are about jumper check, power connector check and data cable check.. they passes
the last three tests fails.. they are about
BIOS extension support Failed
Partition Information Failed
Smart Enable Failed

... please.. any body.. help me out to recover my data from that drive... tell me how can i fix these errors.. wot i think is that all problems are caused by the BIOS extension support.. i might b wrong.. please help me out... waiting replies

Take your hard drive out and put in another computer as a slave drive (not the primary hard drive). Unless the drive itself is dead, you should be able to access your data, but prograsm won't work.

It could be your mobo's fault, and not your drives.

i tried that..

hi.. thanx for the reply.. i also tried that but the same problem occurs at every system... when in plug the hard drive as a slave, first it detects the label as
Maxtor Athlon WAH20FZ7
but after that it says that primary slave hard disk failed...
ppl please help me wid a solution beg u... cauz the data in that drive is very important to me... and i mean very important..

please help me out... this data loss is killing me .. i dont wana loose that data on that drive...

when i use the disk manager for maxtor it says that
BIOS Extension Support failed..
can any body please please please help me out on that one..
waiting replies... :(

one of 2 things. You can try and find an identical hard drive (on Ebay or brand new) and try to replace the controller on the bad one with the contoller on the good one. This can be kindof a risky venture depending on the drive and may not work anyways.

If the data is that important, bring it to a professional with the right hardware and software to try and recover the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom