need help

you can also do a reset, I've seen this happen more than once with the HP's
Remove the power brick, remove the battery and hold the on button for 15 seconds. Leave the battery out and connect the power brick and hit the power button and see if will start

hi i had a guy do a diagnosed on my laptop he came back with VGa chip and 2 capastors bad .i want to fix it on my own i know how identify a bad cap but not sure if it is the same for laptop boards and if anyone can help me get me some kind of drawing for my laptop board that will be great.

If the GPU chip on the board is bad... it's toast. Those are integrated into the motherboard, so there's no repairing that. If it's a separate add-on card, you can try looking on ebay for a replacement card or a used modem with a working GPU and swap it out. Mind you, this could be expensive, so it would probably be best to just get a new laptop.

As for the capacitors... blown caps will be the same no matter on a laptop or desktop. But it's risky replacing them even.

I do not think the caps on a laptop board would be the standard size the you would see on a desk top motherboard, I mean that in a psychical size, not in the capacitance size.
I have never even heard of anybody attempting to replace the caps on a laptop board.

Here's a .pdf for servicing your laptop., it should have all the info that you will need to service it
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01740724.pdf

Back
Top Bottom