Need Help!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptic26djp

Baseband Member
No POST, No BIOS, No Beeps...

I just completed my first computer build (as far as putting everything in the case is concerned). When I tried to boot for the first time, I get absolutely nothing. However, the Mobo does have a green LED lit, the Case lights turn on, and all the fans are running - but nothing shows on my screen.

Like I said, this is a computer that I built and it currently has no OS installed. I could be wrong but I thought I had to make initial adjustments to the BIOS and stuff prior to booting with the XP disk.......

I cannot even get the CD Rom to open in the first place - so there has to be something wrong. I tried re-seating the RAM and Video Card. But it still does nothing more than turn on a green LED, run my fans, and run the lights on the case.

Any thoughts on this one?

I have the WD3200KS hard drive. Is there supposed to be a jumper on the back of it? I bought it from NewEgg and it didnt come with any jumpers.

Could this be the problem?

it would not prevent you from booting up tho.

So what type of video card is it?
also..... is the mobo equipped with onboard video?

Here is my setup:

MOBO:
-- ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU:
-- Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core Processor
Model BX80553930

RAM:
-- G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBZX

HARD DRIVE:
-- Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Hard Drive - OEM

VIDEO CARD:
-- eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

OPTIC DRIVES:
-- SONY Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s - OEM
-- SAMSUNG Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW
5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache
ATA/ATAPI DVD Burner With LightScribe - OEM

FLOPPY:
-- Koutech SOHOUSB IO-FPM220 3.5" Floppy Drive & Multi Card Reader Front Panel

PSU:
-- Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power Supply

CASE:
-- Thermaltake Matrix VX VD3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

FAN:
-- Scythe SCNJ-1000P 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink

I am looking at the Mobo layout in the manual right now and I do not see a "PCI-E Power" plug. I do have the "EATXPWR" plug attached and the only thing next to that is a "EZ_PLUG" and there is nothing attached to it. Other than that, CD-ROM says that it should be connected to the "CD PLUG" on the Mobo - but it didnt come with any cables. Right now, the Floppy and optic drives all have a power cable and an EIDE cable attached - thats it though.

i am talking about the power connector on the actual video card..
does it have a place to plug in a 6 pin power connector? should be on the rear of the card on the HSF side of the PCB.

Do you see that black rectangle to the right of the card?
sx850xt-pcie9a.jpg

Re: No POST, No BIOS, No Beeps...

cryptic26djp said:
I cannot even get the CD Rom to open in the first place
you did connect the power plug to it right? , try without the ide cable maybe you connected it upsidedown to the drive or mobo

did you connect the 4pin plug to the mobo?
asusp58bl.jpg

The PSU does not have a four pin plug for that ATX12V spot you circled. The PSU, however, does have a 6 pin and 8 pin connector. And, no, to answer your question - there is nothing plugged into that spot right now.

As for the video card, there is no power box or any location for a plug to connect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom