Need to completely erase a HD and install xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
Okay guys heres my problem. Well i have a Seagate 20GB hard drive a friend asked me to erase clean all the partions. What should i do to go about making this hard drive "like new" again . He has a new copy of XP home he going to install. He just dosent know how to go about erasing it. So i did it before but yes its been a while..im just double checking. I was going to either hook it up on my pc as a master or slave..slave most likely so once the pc see's itin my computer i go go about eraseing the partions.. Can some one clarifly how i should go about this correctly..Thanks in advance , steve:)

Leave HD in pc it belongs in. Set boot order in bios to boot from cd rom first. Put in xp disc and reboot. When it says " hit any key to boot from disc." hit any key. Follow the directions. You want to format drive. Make new partition and reinstall windows on new partition.

i tryed it on the pc it belongs in and it keep restarting and saying there was a driver missing to install..im thinkin can the driver that missing..would it be for a USB mouse becasue thats what i was useing but im not sure

no ive installed windows using a usb mouse many times, thats very strange ,you sure the disc isnt damaged

well i got good news i hooked it up as a slave..formatted it and now if the process of installiin windows xp..thanks guyys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom