Need Advice Over Heating Processor/Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
the HDO says 28 degrees C. and temp 1 goes up and down from 37-40c, i don't see a CPU title anywhere in the readings tab, i download the 4.28 version could possibly be different.

My video card reached rezch 118 yesturday while i was playing civilization 4 before the FPS went completely down, making me restart my computer inorder to continue to play without the lag.

How's your case airflow? Do you have plenty of air going through the case? If that's ok, try re-seating the HSF with new thermal paste, like AS5, on the cpu if nothing else works.

I think the "temp" is the CPU.

118F is about 48C which is not too hot, it shouldnt shut down your computer. But, how do you know this is the actual temp of the graphics card. You mention you have a temp reading on the front of your computer, do you know exactly what it is measuring? Because if speedfan says your CPU is 40C, this is much lower than 48C (118F). Just trying to figure out where that 118F is coming from.

A 2.8G CPU should not be overheating on Civ. When you mention your graphics card is custom made, what do you mean?

leonardmp92 said:
I think the "temp" is the CPU.

118F is about 48C which is not too hot, it shouldnt shut down your computer. But, how do you know this is the actual temp of the graphics card. You mention you have a temp reading on the front of your computer, do you know exactly what it is measuring? Because if speedfan says your CPU is 40C, this is much lower than 48C (118F). Just trying to figure out where that 118F is coming from.

A 2.8G CPU should not be overheating on Civ. When you mention your graphics card is custom made, what do you mean?

no i meant my computer is customly made, i put the temperature reading inbetween the fan(heatsync) and the the card itself, like where the fan is, so the reading can be a bit lower. i can pretty much stick the thermometer almost anywhere in the computer to get a reading of a temperature.

the FPS doesn't drop in the beginning of the game in civ but towards the end where alot of buildings and land are covered then it starts, also i ran a demo of BF2 and the lag was pretty big.

Hmm...not sure how to solve, still learning myself about video cards, I just thought the CPU was overheating and slowing everything else up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom