My Windows XP Desktop Keeps on Glitching - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Unfortunately uninstalling my graphics driver and installing one from the ATI website was not the solution. Any other ideas?

Here are some pictures of it

this one was from a few months ago

This one is from just a few minutes ago, these are what my icons look like usually, in that video i dunno why it didn't show on all of them

Guys i noticed something. When i ran driver sweeper it shows the list of drivers, and i would click on ATI then click clean. But near the bottom of the list i notice a NVIDIA - Display. It seems weird because i already have ATI - Display so why would NVIDIA be on there also.

This is the list that it shows

ATI - Display
Creative - Sound
Microsoft - Mouse
NVIDIA - Chipset
NVIDIA - Display
Realtek - Sound

Ok i think i never uninstalled it the first time. I just clicked on clean and thought it uninstalled it, then i installed the one i got from the internet but i believe it just installed the ATI catalyst, not the driver.

This time i cleaned it out, then i went to my device manager and uninstalled it. When i restarted my computer it was using the windows default one. I then looked for new hardware and found my ATI Radeon 2400 Pro and installed it from there. Hopefully this will work this time. If it doesn't ill let you guys know.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: My Windows XP Desktop Keeps on Glitching

You have to many display drivers. You need to use Driver Sweeper to clean out the nVidia drivers. The system is having a conflict on which set of display drivers to use.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

dang, its still happening.

about that NVIDIA problem, do i clean the chipset, display, and physX or do i just do the display one?

and when i clean whichever ones do i just hit the clean, or do i need to also go to device manager and uninstall it if its in there
Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Well, ive cleaned everything on the NVIDIA and i have reinstalled my graphics driver and it is still doing this, any more ideas?

Closed Thread