my video is messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
my counter strike source hasn't been working for months. it all started a while back when my video card (evga 6600gt) died on me. i submit an RMA and got a new one a bit later. the new one was working fine until one day CS:S froze and my computer automatically restarted. since then i have been able to hold off the urge to play CS:S but i want to start playing again so i would like to figure out how to get my video working again.

things that dont work well are windows media player, quicktime(for example the apple site), and games. oddly enough flash player works fine.

i have tried updating just about everything and am starting to think that my video card is fried.

when CS:S causes the computer to restart i get an error of some sort having to do with "Product: 768_1"

i took a screenshot of what happens when i tried to play counter strike..

css-screenshot165810.png

judging by the screenshot i think the problem is the video card, am i correct in this assumption?

Thanks

SETUP:
amd athlon 64 3200+ winchester (2GHz)
1GB(512x2) OCZ Platinum Rev 2 RAM
OCZ 520W PSU
eVGA 6600GT
160GB WD ATA hard drive
DFI LANparty ut nf4 SLI-DR mobo

(if it is the video card, anyone have any reccomendations for a new video card or any other upgrade suggestions?)

Well, I found this. I kinda think that this is driver related.

You mentioned updating everything. Have you tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling your vid card drivers?

As well, as a last resort, you might want to try reinstalling Windows. I say this as a last resort as it is much cheaper than replacing a vid card:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom