My USB drivers are not responding *emergency*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarlaac

Solid State Member
All-right, so I just took my desktop computer to work at getting the USB drivers fixed. Not only is it the USB drivers which are not responding, it is the PS/2 slots which are not responding, either. I'd also like to mention that the two USB drivers are working just fine on the front of the computer, but not in the back side. The ethernet port, graphics card, and audio jacks are all responsive.. but it is just the USB jacks and the PS/2 ports.

Anybody know what the issue might be? Thanks...

This is on my laptop, by the way.

Are you able to navigate Windows to reinstall the USB drivers? Or do you have no keyboard and mouse too.

I am able to navigate, yes. Hmm... I will update the USB drivers, see if that helps.

I would use Device Manager to uninstall them first. Then the next time you restart Windows it should reinstall them by itself.

Very likely but if the USB ports are all that's needed then the board can still be used if it really is only a driver problem.

I tried installing the chipset drivers, but it's a no-go. I think I am just going to have to purchase a USB card slot for the PCI. :\ No biggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom