My Upgrade Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manic2006

Beta member
I Resently upgrade to a new rigg and got a new Mobo/cpu/ram/psu as my old pc was getting a little dated heres were the problems start after installing WIN7 64bit everything seem to work fine that is until i tryed to play a game, were i would be able to play for about 10mins before i had a memory voilation error (trying to access memory thats in use)

i instantly sent back the memory (corsair vs2gb1333d3) only to be told a month later that the ram tested fine and was sent it back. After putting it back into my pc and running memtest86 i was still gettting errors on the ram :( after a long and expensive convo with the company they said it was proberly the motherboard as they had had probs with the ram sockets on some (gigabyte 870A-UD3) soooo i sent back the mobo, again they tested it and it came back fine! soo i got a new PSU thinking maybe it was because of under powered pc but after installing the new PSU im still getting Memory errors back from memtest86.

plz if anyone can help me it woulds be a blessing im going out of my mind with all this new pc stuff sat doing nothing till i get this prob fix :/

So you ran memtest and it came back with errors? Reason enough to RMA the product - sometimes you have to fight with the vendor to get a new piece of equipment, explain that you've ran memory tests and it keeps failing. Sometimes specific manuf. have their own memtest - see if the sticks you have has their own program you can run.

Post a HWMonitor screenshot. The memory controller is built into the cpu. If the cpu is running on the hot side then it will also affect the memory. If it's not running hot then the memory controller could be failing.

with the probs iv had atm the pc is bare bones with nothing but the basics in it, the temp in the bios is 30c for cpu, though today after running memtest for a while iv been getting cpu0 interupt messages :(will try n get a camera to ss

*also both sticks of ram trying in all 4 slots

quick update, got a new PSU and new Ram and yet still haveing the mem84 errors i think its the cpu memory controller :( is thier any way to test this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom