My tower appears is getting power but I have no display.

RayleighScattering

Beta member
So way back in February my best friend's father offered to build me a gaming computer. After all was said and done I was able to play it for two months or so and then one day while I was playing the FFXIV beta, It shut down and restarted itself. I walked away while the reboot was happening and came back to find my monitor dark and it appeared there was no signal. I opened the case to look at it and noticed only two of the fans were running. The fan on the processor and the fan on the back were not moving. The front power button would not turn off power at all. The only way I could get it off was to pull the plug. It will power back on when plugged back in but no change. So then... I tried another monitor. Nothing.

I decided to take it back to my friend's father so he could look at it. I left it there and later received an email saying it was working fine the moment he plugged it in. I picked it up and brought it home and it worked fine for about a week and then while I was playing the witcher II it restart itself. It rebooted and was fine. The next day I was playing the FFXIV beta and same thing. Then the next day after suddenly rebooting itself.. again it would not turn on.

I was reading the trouble shooting guide thread but I don't understand it.
Here are some specs. Not sure what is needed

Processor : AMD FX-8350 8 core 4.2 GHz
Motherboard : ASUS M5A97LE
Video card : Radeon HD 7850

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Katy

Back
Top Bottom