Is my SSD dying?

iguanaonastick

Baseband Member
Title.
To be clear, right now my pc has ONE hard drive, and that is a 120gb OCZ Vertex II SSD.

A while ago had my system completely crash (happens), and while restoring it from within ubuntu, i looked at the SSD drive checker - and it showed me that with a read error threshold of 30 i had a read error rate of 128294 or something among those lines (yes, 6 digit number).

After a full secure erase and restore of the system, everything worked fine until earlier today when i got a BLACK screen (as in, monitor cant find any signal) - sound continued. Nothing responded, and PC auto rebooted after a while.
Random glitch? happens i guess

Pc back online... and ~2-3 minutes in i get exactly the same thing. First everything freezes, then screen goes black and nothing responds.
I thought at first that it was a graphic card issue (sound was active?) - however it seems like if i do something with black screen, sound doesnt update (crude example: you can hear background music that was playing before crash, but you cant produce any new sounds). Also updating GPU drivers did not solve anything.

A few resets later, it stopped even giving a black screen - just a full screen freeze. Which leads me to believe its something to do with perhaps corrupt data?
Remembering the "fun" values of my SSD, i ran another test, with this result:

QCxTl.png

I can get myself a new SSD, however im not sure it will fix it, and i dont want to just throw the money away.
What is your opinion? Is this an SSD issue, or should i look into something else?

Win7 pro 64, Asus rampage III Extreme, I7 960 @3.20 (OC to 3.6)

First thing is to get rid of your overclock and see if your system is stable. Another thing, what are the FULL specs of your PC? PSU/GPU/RAM, everything.... You may want to run Memtest and Prime95 for awhile to check for stability after you remove your overclock. Also, what are your tempertures at according to HWMonitor from cpuid.com?

Back
Top Bottom