My sister's laptop won't turn on...help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prot

Beta member
My sister just yesterday has been on her laptop since last year...the computer worked fine since yesterday. She doesn't use the laptop all day just couple hours a day.

I don't know exactly what happened and hoping some of you guys might know. She said that "there was a battery button lower right of the screen and there was a red mark (error? maybe) says she needed a new battery or something" She brought her laptop up to me last night and I coudln't figure out until today, so I'm asking for help right now.

Her laptop info:
Toshiba Satellite M30X

Is it true that you need a new battery? I'm pretty good with computers but I don't recall anyone saying you need a new battery for your laptop, I thought it was rechargable and you don't need to buy it ever.

PS- her laptop was fully charged when this happened, right now it's sitting on my lap plugged in the wall and I tried pressing the power button for 20+ seconds...no luck.

Any help would be appreciated!

When the battery dies it should run on AC power. Yes those batteries do recharge, but they do need to be replaced from time to time. If it won't run on AC power, you may have a bad cord or internal connection problems. I am not an expert in laptops and their power supply units.

haha....the key word "internal connection problem"

I immediately tried to hit my sis' laptop from the battery part and shook it while pressing the power button for about 10 sec and VOILA!!! It turned on...

Thank you!

Prot said:
haha....the key word "internal connection problem"

I immediately tried to hit my sis' laptop from the battery part and shook it while pressing the power button for about 10 sec and VOILA!!! It turned on...

Thank you!

OK, not exactly what I had in mind, and not necessarily healthy....but whatever works right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom