My screen is shorting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnstar21

Beta member
I own an HP Pavilion zv5000, a model that HP doesn't make anymore. I have been having problems with my screen the last couple of days, such as the screen stays very dark when I open the laptop as if it was still closed, or the screen is darker than usual and continues to flicker from bright to dark. Sometimes it will slowly fade from bright to dark, and I will have to play with the 'trigger' to turn the screen on.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with a problem similar to this and knew something I could try to resolve this. Thanks.

this is a notebook, right ?

when the screen is dark , look really carefully maybe with a bright external light and see if you can see the desktop or what ever was on the screen when it went dark. If you can see the desktop or whatever it is the inverter or the little fluoresent tube. The inverter is a circuit board outside of the lcd module, in the lcd case. The tube is internal. If the screen goes to bright w/o the desktop or whatever, it could be the LCD, Cable, or onboard video. If you have a vga out on the notebook. Hook up a desktop monitor and run it for awhile and see if you get the same results. If not that eliminates the onboard vga. You may have to go into the bios to set the notebook to use the vga port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom