my rampage isn't playing nice, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
ok so i took the board out tonight so i could redo my waterloops. Switched the cpu loop to the front rad and video cards to the rear rad. Everything went fine, i put the rig back together and now all all of the sudden the stupid board hangs at the "init rom". I have no clue what that is, and or why its doing it. I get the asus splash screen but never make it to the bios. Cant seem to find anything on the web either, everyone with asus boards seem to get the "cpu init" which i get past. Ideas?

also, i have reset the cmos already

edit:
Just put my 680i back in the rig, and i can get into the bios but as soon as i do, the screen goes black and i get a 01 error on the board. I swear i'm about to break some **** soon. I'm getting really sick and tired of parts just not working for no god damned reason.

Well just put the board back in after having it outside the case all night with the battery out. STill getting cmos error. What is really annoying is that it shows the splash screen, goes through all of the startup reading, but as soon as it gets to the point where it should let me into the bios, i get the "cmos err" and the monitor goes blank.
Of course you are supposed to be able to recover the bios from the cd that comes with it, but why would that possibly work. God i hate computers some times.

Well I searched around for a bit and the problems I did come across all point to the RAM not getting enough voltage. Those "helpful words" are worse than just having the old beep codes.

Ya i read around about the memory voltage, but most of those having that problem dont even get through POST.

At this point, i'm almost afraid that my cpu might have died. I just went to microcenter and bought a p45-ds3r and i get the same results. It boots, shows the splash screen, but when i try to get into the bios, the screen just goes blank. If it were the video cards i wouldnt get anything on screen from start to finish. This is really driving me nucking futs.

Guess i'll have to pull the cpu and memory out of the media rig and see if that fixes the problem. I hope its the memory though, since i kind of voided the warranty on my cpu. Plus its a really good overclocker.

Yeah but what would you have done to it to fry it during a re-looping? I mean I've done mine twice and nothing's ever happened and I know you're awesome at these systems too. Did you put it down somewhere you shouldn't have?

Thats the thing, i left both the memory and cpu in the board, and the board still attached to the tray.

Turns out it was in fact the video cards. I just put the rampage back in, and took the waterblocks off of the video cards. Primary video card didnt look it was making good contact with the block, must have been overheating and disabling itself.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Ya everything is back up and running. Remounted the waterblocks on the video cards and everything is back to normal. Of course changing the water routing didnt affect my cpu temps at all, which was the reason i did this in the first place. Sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom