My PSU sends the heat to the inside of the case

lucasfalves

Baseband Member
Hey guys, so my problem is that my pc case is old and not for gaming. And my psu is located at the top part of the case, sending its heat to the inside of the case. Is it possible to make holes at the top of the case so i can reverse the psu? I can add another exhausting fan. Look at the picView attachment 7276
View attachment 7277

As you can see, i have two coolers getting new air, and one getting rid of the old air, should i do the opposite?

Sorry for my bad english, I'm a foreigner.

I can't open the pic, if there is a place for a fan under the PS then put that as a exhaust so the hot air goes down from PS right out with the fan, You could put a vent on the top but it won't be easy making a really effective vent hole and will most likely look not so good unless your a really good sheet metal worker. But having a exhaust fan right under the PS fan will keep most of the warm air out of the case.

Dauntae

I can't open the pic, if there is a place for a fan under the PS then put that as a exhaust so the hot air goes down from PS right out with the fan, You could put a vent on the top but it won't be easy making a really effective vent hole and will most likely look not so good unless your a really good sheet metal worker. But having a exhaust fan right under the PS fan will keep most of the warm air out of the case.

Dauntae
uploadfromtaptalk1436822822179.jpg

How about now?

Enviado de meu GT-I8552B usando Tapatalk

I can see the pic now, Yes you already have the exhaust fan under it so you should be ok and it should be removing most of the heat, If you have a place for any fans on the front of the case to blow air in will help keep it cool, It's not the optimal setup but should be ok.

I can see the pic now, Yes you already have the exhaust fan under it so you should be ok and it should be removing most of the heat, If you have a place for any fans on the front of the case to blow air in will help keep it cool, It's not the optimal setup but should be ok.
uploadfromtaptalk1436824909413.jpg

There is 2 fans, in a row, getting the new air from the front. The thing is that my pc has been really laggy for no apparent reason. So I imagined that it could be the heat.idk

FYI, Typically the fan grill you see is the intake and the exhaust is where the cord plugs in.

With the door off what are the temps like?

Holy poop batman I completely spaced that out, What he is saying is the fan on the power supply draws air from the case and it exits out the back of the PS

Last edited:
Holy poop batman I completely spaced that out, What he is saying is the fan on the power supply draws air from the case and it exits out the back of the PS
Oh now i get it, thx. Ill report again tomorrow guys. I have to study. Thx for your time

Forest -> Trees ;)

And yup, this is what I mean.

ALL that said, I think you still have a heat issue, and use something like hwmonitor to check your temperatures of the cpu and gpu.

Back
Top Bottom