Is my PSU dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this...

Would you guys recommend I send it back to Biostar for a flat $30 fee because it is out of warranty or get a new one? Could you guys recommend a good SLI motherboard for my current hardware? I also am in need of a CPU and case fans. My current motherboard doesn't even have a heatsink. Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too, I have another PSU to try later, but I was wondering what "RMA the motherboard" mean?!

RMA means to return it. Unfortunately Biostar only offers a one year warranty and anything beyond that you have to pay a flat fee of $30 to get warranty service. What should I do?

I notice that even when I restart the CMOS, even though I can get pass the Windows XP login screen, the computer still shuts down maybe after 15-20 minutes. Also I notice whenever the computer boots up it goes the screen with the Energystar and it shows the harddrives I have connected. How do I automatically get past this screen without having to hit F1 all the time?

I think the board cost around $90 when I purchased it two years ago and it's $30 w/o shipping. Probably like $40 with it.

A bit of an update: For some weird reason when I lay the case down and open it up and boot up the PC, it seems to stay on for much longer. In fact, I have yet to shut down after around 20 minutes of the computer being on but when I lay the case up and close it, it normally can't even get past the Windows XP screen. Any ideas? Could it be overheating?

Remember that I am now using the stock fan for the CPU because my Zalman fan broke. I'm not sure if this adds fuel to the flame but for some reason the CPU stock fan that's in the computer right now is not on tight. It's tight enough where it wont fall it off but it's still very loose and I can't seem to tighten it any further because I lost the original screws and these ones are a bit short.

I'm gonna leave the computer on when I go to class and see if it is still on when I get back.

Well I just got an email stating they'll send me a refurbished one as they no longer carry new ones of my motherboard. Sounds sort of a rip off.

Anyone have an idea on what the problem is now (from my above post)?

i've had an issue like this do you have a spare processor laying around that is compatable?

i've had issues with my Pentium D and i swapped it for a C2D e4500 and it runs like a charm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom