Is my PSU dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can try the PSU. i think the issue with mine was i have a motherboard that likes ot eat CPU's (kill them). this is because i bought a POS mobo....from ECS.... i hate them..now anyways

Alright I really want to break down and buy the PSU but even with the refund, I'd hate to go through the hassle so with all the info about my problem that I've given you guys, about how sure are you that it is a PSU problem on a scale of 10? This would be real helpful, thanks.

Yeah, then in that case I guess I will have to order a new PSU seeing as how I don't have an extra PSU at the moment. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

OK, update time. I finally got my replacement power supply from Antec, the 550W Trio which is slightly different from the TPII which they no longer make.

I opened it up, plugged in all the regular cables, booted up the PC and everything began to run on the first boot up. However, there was nothing on the screen and the light from my mouse and keyboard didn't light up despite being plugged into the usb ports.

I noticed that the lights on my motherboard lit up the same way when the computer would run normally. There was one light of two that lit on the front of my Centurion 5 Coolermaster case.

Not sure what to do. I'm sure I plugged in all the necessary cables and the computer boots up fine yet there is nothing on my screen. What could be the problem?

Have you cleared the CMOS?
If you clear the CMOS and it still happens, take the mobo out of the case, place on a non-conductive surface, un attach everything except 1 stick of ram, cpu heatsink and it's fan and the video card.

Try getting it to POST, if its out of the case and the CMOS was cleared and it still won't post, than the motherboard may be dead and you won't know unless you either try a different mobo or RMA this one.

I looked in my mobo manual and found that you can reset the CMOS via changing the setting on the jumper cable for 5 seconds then switching back. This may sound kind of dumb but as I took out the jumper (which is extremely tiny), I accidentally dropped it and have been struggling to take it out of the case for around 15 minutes to no avail. Am I doomed without it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom