Is my PSU dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do what I said....

What do you mean by this...

Don't plug in what? ATX Power source.... Explain.

It's straight from my mobo manual: ATX Power Source Connector which provides +12V to CPU power circuit. It's placed right next to the CPU.

I'll try the paper clip thing.

It's straight from my mobo manual: ATX Power Source Connector which provides +12V to CPU power circuit. It's placed right next to the CPU.

I'll try the paper clip thing.

Oh you mean the four Pin connector, of course its showing a Blank screen, because the CPU is not getting the required voltage.

The paper Clip thing will tell us more though, you may still need to try another power supply..

Just tried the paper clip trick and it didn't work. I even put it into the green and several other blacks but none worked.

Did you make sure only case fans were attached to the Power supply?
AC cord in and BACK switch on?

If you did, then try another power supply, or Just RMA this one.

OK, after trying it again, I noticed that it did turn on. I just didn't notice because it was very silent and not as loud as when it is plugged into the PC.

Your only choice now is to try another power supply.
If all works with the different power supply, then RMA or toss the old one.
If same problem occurs RMA the motherboard.

a way to test the CPU is by taking it out along with the heatsink and plug all your power cables in this completes the circuit which allows the fans ot turn on
if your getting power out of your fans because the 24 pin is in then its probably the CPU i've had this issue. a simple swap for an e4500 and i was set to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom