is my proccessor fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznskater51

Baseband Member
ok i just bought my new mobo and proccessor and wanted to test it up. the thing is i forgot to link up the proccessing fan to cool down the proccessor and booted it up. it worked bios screen showing then it froze. i rebooted and the screen is black. so i shut off my computer. i tried resetting cmos and no good. and its no the mobo cuz i tested and works. so im wondering if my proccessor is fried, and also booting up the proccessor was only like 20 sec then shut off. it was not like it was on for 10 minuties withtout cooling. wats the problem?

What processor do you have AMD or Intel.If you have an AMD its probably fried.
You can take it out and smell it to see if it smells burnt..

use the cmos jumper instead, wait a few minutes. Most processors just shut off after they get hot....

i dont think it is...let it cool down a while and make sure it is properly seated, also check your ram just to make sure everything is seated properly....

do you have a known good processor? if so put it in there and if it works, then the other one is dead.

Can you get into your bios?If so set your BIOS to the failsafe setting.If not I would take everything off the board execpt the CPU,RAM and vid card and try to get it to boot.You might be grounding out did you use washers on the mobo mounting screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom