My PC Wont Turn On At All! Hardwear Problem Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
Im using this old pentium 2 machine write this but my other PC is muffed up. I turn it on and it tells me that i have a hardwear error so windows couldnt start. It gives me 5 choices: safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, start with most recently know working settings and start normally.

Which ever one i choose it just leads to a 'no signal' sign on my PC. Please help! What could be the matter?

BTW i have reseated my video (graphics) card.

hmm doesnt sound good....what does the hardware error say..if anything at all?

Have you installed any new hardware recently? if so take it out. I would also strip the machine down to bear minimum. cpu ram vid card and see what happens. If that fixes it put cards back one at a time to determine which is the problem.

PC Make and Model? CPU/RAM/graphics/audio particulars? More info helps.

"My PC doesn't work right. What is wrong?" - This seldom gets good answers either

Do you have a boot disk for an OS? You could try to boot off a CD or a floopy (make sure you have the right order in your BIOS). If it boots off a disk then it's an OS problem. If not, you know it's hardware related.

Yeah, take down the computer to the bare minimum as stated above. Also, does it have a generic onboard video as well as a graphics card?

As for a boot disk, you can look for one from Bart or Knoppix (linux).

The way you explain the problem is unclear. Which computer is the one doing this, the pentium 2 or your other one? Need system specs, and what were the circumstances where it stopped working? Did you just get it from someone and it does this? Have you installed any new hardware/done anything with the OS?

-edit after reading your message again, I see what you mean by using your p2 to write this, the grammar used made it very unclear so I mistook what you said.

Dont worry people it was my graphics card it burnt out. Sos about my unspecific and unclear info i will make it better in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom