My PC wont boot

joecole83

Beta member
Hi everyone looking for some assistance with this PC issue that i cannot resolve. A few days ago my PC shut down by itself. When i tried to reboot it, it came up with the message Ultra DMA mode 6- Capable but disabled. I did some research and it seemed like a hard drive issue. I went in to BIOS and changed the boot order to boot from my windows 7 DVD and just reformat the hard drive.

It would not boot from the DVD. I got a bootable version of windows from a friend on a USB stick and that did not work either. Someone at work suggested opening my PC and changing the port that my hard drive is plugged in to my motherboard as that may have shorted which i did, and it still wouldnt boot. I then disconnected my hard drive hoping that if given the only option of booting from my windows DVD it would at least attempt to boot but just sat there at the first screen frozen again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or if this is a hard drive or motherboard issue as it is driving me crazy. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom