my pc stuck on random bases - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2005, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default my pc stuck on random bases

ok , this is realy strange problem that i cant isolated it and determine where is the problem, i think this is something to do with hardware.

for the last 3 weeks i have this problem that my pc is stuck during games and i have to reboot my pc , today its also started to stuck while i mess around with googel earth pro.

now i know this problem sound like :
1. video card problem .
2. memory problem .

now here is the thing i doubt this problem is with this two.

4 month ago i had the same problem when i gave the pc to the lab they said that everthing ok and the porblem was that a lot of dust sat on the process so they cleaned it with air pressure , also they added 3 more vents inside the pc.

furthermore 3 weeks ago i added another h.d so i think maybe i have a over heating there or again the dust come back , i did opened and clean there with fan (cold wind) but its not like air pressure.

how can i define the problem and maybe you think different than me .

my hardware is :
p4 CPU 3.00Ghz
512 ddr
40gb western digital
80gb sygate
160gb western digita sata
ati radeon 9800pro

please advise .

Old 09-19-2005, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

My guess would be that its a problem with overheating. My old computer used to restart when it would overheat, not just get stuck, but it sounds like the same kind of problem I had since you said its mostly during games. Open the case while its running and make sure all of the fans are spinning properly and it wouldnt be a bad idea to dust it out as well.
Closed Thread