My PC keeps shutting off suddenly...Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ireland

Solid State Member
Hiya,

I hope somebody can assist me..

My computer has developed a problem within the last few weeks. I've had my computer about 10 months and never had this kind of problem before..

The problem is my computer just shuts off out of the blue without any warning at seemingly random times. . The power just basically cuts and the screen becomes blank so i have to restart my computer again. After a restart the power is fine for anything from 10 mins to an hour...

I've checked to make sure my Power Options are correct and I am sure they are... I have system standby etc all set to never to try and prevent my computer from just suddenly shutting off..

Is this a sign of a virus??? I have scanned with AVG Professional Edition...even though sometimes the pc just shuts off in the middle of the scanning..

Any help would be great...
Thank you,
Declan..

I dont think its a virus, most viruses want you computer on to cause the damage. it mite be a bad power supply, check your warrenty and see if it covered since your computer is only 10 months old. if you right click on my computer and go to manage and then to event viewer. in there it will tell you if there were any problems software wise that made your computer turn off so check there for answers also.

Also When it restarts do you have a box saying windows had recovered from a serious error? I was getting this error last week it was a stick of ran not seated right. But a power supply can do this also. And heat will shut down a computer. Do you have a dusty environment. You can take the side off and see if there is a lot of dust buildup.

Mate i recently had the same problem as yours. What you need to do is to go into your motherboards BIOS by tapping DEL on startup. Then if you mobo allows you to krank you voltage of your memory right up to
a mid value. Trust me it works. Your system crashes becasue it's not getting enough power to the RAM modules.

TRY AND REPLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom