My New Computer Build is being a PITA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM555

In Runtime
Hey Guys, I have been around here many times asking questions on my new build. I built and I was NEVER impressed with the computer. Yeh it could play games and what not, but I just never liked the way it was working. After a couple of weeks, I noticed how slow it got dramatically. I did have an AVG AntiVirus Software and that helped, until now. Also, this is with the CPU OC'ed at 2.8-3.0 Ghz. The parts in my build are below. Now, the problem is my **** computer keeps giving me blue screens. Almost up to 3-5 times a day. It keeps telling me the same crap, and when I had the AVG, it was because it wasn't updated or something. I asked around and yes, it can cause the blue screen. But I updated it and it still kept doing it. I ended up deleting AVG last night to see if that was the problem, but NO, it still keeps giving me blue screens. It is ****ING me off. I will try to update the BIOS, Drivers, and other crap but I am just sick of this thing. What should I do? Also, sometimes when it gives me a blue screen, I restart it, and before windows Starts, it throws me another blue screen so I have to restart again. Any Ideas guys?
John

Please post in the right section or next time it will be deleted without notice...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f4/ot-policy-change-166417/

As for the BSOD's I'm thinking this is temp related... check if you've properly mounted your HSF on

Also MX-2 is not by Arctic Silver ;)

Other possibilities: You got an unlucky chip that won't go far on Stock Voltage so either don't overclock or try increasing your CPU Voltage some

I have core temp and I have never seen it go over 60 Degrees on any of the cores. I am not really over clocking it to the point where it should have to be restarted every 2-3 hours, I'm under 3.0 Ghz, people with my board go up to 3.6 Ghz and be fine.
Sorry about posting in the wrong section.

I also am kind of confused when I went to the DFI Site to get the Bios Updates. I've had the computer since 1/5/08 and the new update came out 3/20/08, and I didn't update anything, so hopefully that is the problem. I also...don't know how to update the BIOS lol. Newb. I tried dling it with Winrar since I don't have a floppy disk, and I don't have any idea on what to do know. Any help?
John

Do you have a flash drive? (or USB Thumbstick?)

Some BIOS can be flashed using those

EDIT: about the Posting in the wrong thread.. its cool.. just a little notice for next time..

and maybe you got a bad luck G0 Q6600 with a High VID.. that happens sometimes.. also try remounting the heatsink like I said in my last post or try disabling Speedstep (some people say it can cause errors)

Yeh, I have USB Stick. I will try to do it that way. I will probably have difficulty doing it, so I'll ask a lot of questions. Hopefully I didn't get a crappy Q6600. I will try to remount the heatsink, that MIGHT be the problem as when installing it, I wasn't too satisfied with the fitment, maybe I did something wrong? For Thermal Compound, and Xigmatek S1283 at under 3.0Ghz with no OC'ing on Ram, GPU, or anything else besides the CPU, running mid 30 to low 40's for idle or under 10% cpu usage...is crap. At first it was in the 20's, low 30's. And as time went on, it just kept getting hotter. So I am a loss for words.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom