my monitor isnt responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspekta

Beta member
when i tried to start my computer this morning i saw that it wasnt responding. it also wasnt in standby mode... so i plugged it into my friends computer to see if i needed a new monitor. however my monitor worked fine on his computer. i then tried to see if my video card was broken. ofcourse, my video card is working fine. I even tried to put 2 other video cards inside my computer, one was a pci the other not. neither worked inside my computer, so it is not the motherboard pci or video card slot. i then decided it must be a ram issue. this was not the case either, because i tried putting my friends ddr ram inside my own computer... i even tried putting it into the 3rd ram slot which is unused by my computer. i tried every ram combination possible just for kicks and nothing. i have decided that it is a mother board or a cpu issue. unfortunatly i dont have a spare cpu or mother board handy... if anyone knows what the problem is plz tell me... i even resorted to calling tech support for all my components and the best buy geek squad... REALLY BAD MOVE

alrighty, first off...please...PLEASE ...please?...do not start taking components out of computers and testing them on other things if you don't know what is going on. You could have fried your friends components, this being said because it has nothing to do with your RAM, this is a video problem.

more than likely this is a problem with the monitor refresh rate or resolution. when your computer starts and runs through POST, right after this start hitting F8 simutainously until a screen comes up. If you see an option for VGA mode, select that and when windows starts up, change your screen resolution to 800x600 and reboot (you can change this later).

if there is not an option for VGA mode, then boot into safe mode. When you get in, change your settings as I stated above and restart normally. hopefully this fixes your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom