Is it my Mobo or my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydzy

In Runtime
Yeah, so I overclocked my E6600 a while ago to 3Ghz, vcore at 1.3 i think... anywho, it only upped my CPU temp to like 45 opposed to the normal 39-43 that I usually get according to everest, so it wasn't hot.

Ever since then I've had lots of fun where every like 3 hours or so, completely random, computer turns off. Doesn't shut down or have any warning signs, no temp increase or anything, it is just like a blackout hits the computer. Everything just goes off in an instant. So I unoverclocked, everything back to stock, and it still does it but less frequently. Not cool betsy if you ask me.

So all my temps are fairly normal, mobo is Asus P5B, @ 34 degrees right now, CPU @ 39, 8800GTX @ 52, HDD @ 33. Wondering if it is my CPU that is for some reason now screwed, or my ram? or my mobo. Please say mobo, cause I want to upgrade that anyway, lol, or is there some simple fix that I can make to stop this stupid power issue.

Oh yeah, PSU is Thermaltake Toughpower 850W

Thanks

Sydz

If it randomly shuts off then most likely its the power supply at fault because the cpu cant cause the computer to shut off all the way . It can also be the Cmos battery but its most likely the power supply

Yeh it might be the PSU, because if the cpu or ram dont work it will not just turn off the power. It is possibly the motherboard but sounds more like the PSU. Double check all the cables are securly plugged in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom