is my mobo doa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fchavis

Solid State Member
ok, this is my first build so I dont know how often this sort of thing happens. I bought all my hw from newegg and its all quality stuff. I hooked everything up, turn it on, and nothing happens. The led at the base of the board is the only implication that power is getting anywhere. Neither the cpu, chipset, nor case fans come on. There were a couple of similar threads in this section so I tried the suggestions: case is not shorting the board, unplugged everything but the cpu an a stick of memory, still nothing but the led. Is my board dead? Should I try something else before I get it replaced? I dont THINK its the power supply (antec truepower 2) as that led does come on, but I am open to other suggestions. I havent yet tried asus tech support but I intend to in the morning.

The mobo (asus a8n-e) is probably the weakest part of my build as I wanted something with some features to play around with but nothing overwhelming. Once again this is my first build so I am quite willing to believe I missed something, but I rather think it is the board.

Anything I should try before I pronounce?

thanks for your help,
-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom