PSU= Corsair 750w
CPU= e8500 @ 3.3
GPU= GTX260 sc
RAM= 3GB Corsair pc6400
HDD= 300GB WD 16mb cache
Mobo= MSI p7n (750i)
OS=Vista32 Home pro
Case= Thermaltake m9
Screen= Samsung 226bw (22 inch, 1680x1050)

The problem is, when playing farcry2 at 1680x1050, everything high, 4xaa, im only getting 35 fps average. turning the settings down does not help me ANY. even crappy resolutions and NO AA it still does horrible.

I have tried the newer drivers, the beta drivers, even a fresh install of vista. I have updated my bios, and the drivers for EVERYTHING on my computer. The card works fine in another computer, just not in this one.

I need some help... any suggestions? Could it be a bad mobo?

when you say it works fine in another computer, you mean the card gives more FPS? what set up is the other computer? what fps do you get with no AA and all other settings the same?

Yeah... I can get 60-80 fps average from the other computer with this card. This motherboard and ram should be able to do the same...

the other computer has an MSI p45 platinum mobo. same ram, same everything else. Our processors are different, but I have tried switching them in between computers, to no avail. (As some idiots in another forum told me that a q9300@2.8 ghz wasn't fast enough.)

A gtx260 should have no problem with 8xAA in farcry2 at least 55 frames at MINIMUM at 1680x1050. (I am getting like 35 average.) as the 9800gtx+ does just fine maxed out.

Different settings in the game do not matter.

What is happening PLAIN AND SIMPLY is that there is something wrong with either my mobo or my ram that is making my game run like crap.

what about other games? is it just farcry2?
do you have it in the pcie slot closest to your cpu?
if you think it is your ram, run memtest and see if it may be producing errors. the only thing i could imagine being wrong with the mobo is that it is either really screwed up or maybe its not running 16x pcie? but you shouldnt see that kind of performance hit in any event, even with 8x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom