My E: drive disc tray won't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clooless

Beta member
Hello, recently my E: drive mysteriously died. The drive still works, but when I push the button it pauses for 10-15 seconds, and then the drive light flashes for a bit. I don't have the small hole on my drive to do the paper clip trick to pop it open, and I have tried going into My Computer and Ejecting the drive that way. I opened up my PC and unplugged/replugged everything to make sure they were snug, and everything checked out there. However, after doing all that and looking on every forum topic about it I can find, nothing that I've done seems to be working. The name of my drive is TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D if that helps any. Thank you in advance.

I bet you overloaded the cupholder, and it was stressed and something snapped, or bent...

no, but seriously, I would guess that there is an issue with the drive internally. If you take out the drive, you can remove the face of it CAREFULLY, and you should be able to SLOWLY and CAREFULLY pull the drawer open. I have used this method on an old drive once..... My advice is to get that CD or DVD out of the drive, then put the drive back into the PC with the face of the drive OFF, and test it a few times...

Also, I JUST thought about this... I took the face off of a drive a few years ago to paint it blue, and didn't let it dry long enough, and the drive got painted shut... nothing a little elbow grease didn't fix.

Good luck.

Any computer smart person would know to use Styrofoam cups so that it wont damage the cd tray because it snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom