my computers graphics crashed, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypcbroke

Baseband Member
I loaded up world of warcraft and then all the graphics just got jumbled. Hard to describe what it looked like, but now it will not even display anything properly. I tried clearing the dust out, nothing happened. I start up my pc now and get 2 boxes that stretch across the screen full of random characters.

My initial thought is the graphics card is broken but I don't know for sure.
Wtf is going on?

specs::cry:
old gateway
P4 2.2ghz
1gb corsair value ram
radeon 9800 pro agp
seagate 120gb

It does sound like the GPU might be on it's way out, But I would try using a driver cleaner and remove the GPU driver then reinstall the newest driver for the GPU and see what happens. Had a older system do something similar with a AGP card that had tons of artifacts and did every thing with the drivers but nothing helped, Then I put another AGP card in that I knew worked and all was well.

Dauntae

It does sound like the GPU might be on it's way out, But I would try using a driver cleaner and remove the GPU driver then reinstall the newest driver for the GPU and see what happens. Had a older system do something similar with a AGP card that had tons of artifacts and did every thing with the drivers but nothing helped, Then I put another AGP card in that I knew worked and all was well.

Dauntae

Thanks, it ended up being the GPU. I'm using on board gfx until my new card comes to my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom