My computer will not even boot into the bios any more. Please someone help me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
Ok so just a little while ago this is what I did. I plugged in a hard drive withought unplugging my computer but the power was off and changed the ram timing from 2t to 1t. Then after that my computer will not boot and it gives me beep codes that sound like this. Beeeeeeeeeeeep bep bep. I have an a8n sli premium motherboard with a Phenoix bios. Does anyone know what is going on.

have you tried clearing the cmos?

Also if you have the motherboard manual look up that code in the error code section.

Long-short-short

Assuming its that EVGA build, look for the LED Code on your motherboard. The LED Code is next to the CMOS battery.

I read the manual and found nothing about beep codes but it does say the motherboard is Award. This is what I found.

Description
1long, 2 short

Video adapter error

Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

I took out the video card and reseated it and plugged everything back it. It is plugged in fine. But I still get those beep codes. I don't understand what the heck just happened. How does a video card go from working to me not even being able to post. Do I need a video card to display the bios anyway?

not the light, I want to know what it says on the motherboard Debug LED section

The only light on my motherboard is the power light. I removed the cmos battery and set it back in which allowed me to get to the bios but now windows inst booting and it is just sitting there. What the heck caused all of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom