My computer is slow? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hey my computer has being weird l8ly...rebooting is taking longer...if something is loading and i try to open up another program sometimes it likes to freeze for like 30 seconds...it NEVER used to do this...Ive done the disk clean up stuff and ive tried to defrag it but with vista Defrag is weird...you cant see what % its on or even see what its doing like in xp...i miss that...

Is it b/c my computer is O/C'd? it is like 8x400 when it should be 9x??? but 8x400 came 3.2 and 1600 FSB...

yeah you can still get task manager in vista, press the usual three buttons(control alt delete) and i think a different screen comes up, you need to select task manager, i think thats it anyway but i know 100% you can get it.
Check on there whats using all your cpu power

yes i agree the vista dfrag is weird and you can still do a disk cleanup in the same place as XP, right click on HD and then disk cleanup. anyway download tuneup utilities: TuneUp Utilities - Download

run the various programs such as registy cleanup and oneclick matinance, i ran it on an xp computer which was slow but after that it was a bout 30% quicker

A huge culprit for that where I work is automatic updates. Im not sure about the exe on vista machines but it utilizes svchost.exe on XP and all you need to do is disable AU.

oops i thought you were looking for taskmanger but i can now see you were talking about defrag! sorry, but what i said is still valid and you could try it

yeah and the thing is...is i have sidebar and im suprised in how muhc memory i use...its like a constant 30-40%...lol

but my CPU right now is jumps from 0-4% on either core...so..idk whats with it...like right now its fine but when i try to multi task it likes to be retarded...maybe its the internet connect..idk

Edit: so is this tune up program any good?

yeah it cleans up unwanted crap really quick and no its not spyware

i just did it and i havent really noticed anything different...it said it found problems and corrected them so maybe it worked =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom