my computer is running like crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
I dont know where to start. Last week my computer ran great, I would play Counter-strike: source and get 90ish frames, and play fear at great settings and get good frames, but i ended up reinstalling windows for a few different reasons. Now when i play counterstrike, i cant get playable frames on any settings, and in fear i now get the same performance with a lesser resolution as i did before with the higher one. Its getting really frusterating. Does anyone have any ideas of what is wrong, because I do overclock my processor and videocard. Could my cpu have been damaged?

well i had a virus on it that i didnt feel like dealing with, and I had xandrox linus on it and i just wanted to completely wipe out everything and start over. All i did was pop in XP disc, and delete the partition and install from there. Also, my computer runs fine on the desktop.

Direct Memory Access. it is most likely enabled but could be worth checking. for your hdd go to device manager and right click on the ide channel your hdd is on. click properties and see what the transfer mode is set to. it should be "dma if available". i doubt it would have this much of an impact but this could be the problem

It sounds like video drivers to me.

Perhaps before you didnt have the newest drivers, and things were great. But now that you reformatted, you have installed brand new drivers, and the new drivers dont perform as well as the slightly older ones you had before.

One thing I find after a reinstall is that my hard drive is mega fragmented. Make sure that your HD is defragged really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom