my computer is possessed!!! help. - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2005, 10:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

you can also try phoning your ISP.

PC Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13ghz
Gigabyte P35-S3 Motherboard
A-DATA 2x1GB DDR2 800mhz memory
Geforce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express
Old 12-20-2005, 01:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

disconnecting the modem over night sounds like a good idea. is the problem consistent i.e roughly the same time every night or second night or something along those lines? whatever it is it must be hardware related because windows does not have the ability to turn the pc on.

Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well last night it did not wake up. I change the automatic update and bios. Will see!!!. Thank you for all the input.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to samuraiwarrior
Default Similar

i had that same problem accept i have a cable modem. and i never got to ckeck the bios for wake on lan because i just started turning off the power supply swtich after shutting it down so that it wasnt running when i was sleeping. But then on one night afater i got a good 13 hours of gaming on CSS, did the usal rutine but this time the pc booted up too soon and i hit the switch at the moment of boot up. in was to tired to investigate if any problems accured from the psu shut during boot-up. but i didnt because i was to tired.

The very next day when i had wakened i turned on my baby and got no video signal. Hmmmmm. i said. then i switched to S-cable output and yet again no signal. this was very scary. but i had to go work in the lawn. Came inside after a long 4 hours of lawn wokr
and couldnt even get my POST tester working. this signified to me that the motherboard was fried. So now it is currently on its way to the MSI RMA center. Accidentaly send it with all the cables and driver disk and all that. then shipped it without noticing after carefull revision of MSI site, that they dont want the accessories. now their not going to send back the neccesary components to reasembly my fallen hero. Scewed over, and cursed i am

Well your PC works right
have fun and stay safe

Closed Thread