My Computer keeps restarting itself-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dora988

Beta member
Hello,

When I turn on my computer, it now keeps restarting itself, so I had to just pull the plug and give up, since it kept reloading itself. It was still fine earlier today but when I tried to shut down the computer, it stalled so I had to pull the plug. Later on, I tried to turn it on again, I ran into the problem I just stated. Now I cannot use my computer which is so frustrating but it seems so unstable at the moment, please help!

Any assistance/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

dora988

Try this:

AFter you turn your computer on, start pressing F8, until you get to the Windows Advanced Settings. Listed, you should see options such as Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, etc... About halfway down the list you should see "Disable automatic restart on system failure." Choose that option, and see if it gives you a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). If it does, give us the information in all caps at the top (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL), as well as the STOP code (e.g. STOP 0x000000##), and if there is a driver file under the STOP code (e.g. ntfs.sys).

You can also try booting into Safe Mode from that menu to see if your computer starts up. But first get us that information above, if you do indeed get a BSOD. If you don't, then try to boot into Safe Mode, using the same F8 trick, but pick the option labeled "Safe Mode" and see if you can boot there.

which point does it get to - that such a restart happens? after POST/bios boot screen? after it tries to load the OS on the drive? telling us which point can point to different causes.

if its right after POST, typically its an overheating problem and you may have some dodgy fans or they may be encrusted with dust depending on how long you've had it.

which point does it get to - that such a restart happens? after POST/bios boot screen? after it tries to load the OS on the drive? telling us which point can point to different causes.

if its right after POST, typically its an overheating problem and you may have some dodgy fans or they may be encrusted with dust depending on how long you've had it.

If this is true get an air compressor and put it on lower power and spray that fan with some compressed air! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom