My computer keeps restarting itself continuously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven't had time to open it up and I also don't have another power supply yet, however I did do something today.

I tried just plugging in the computer to the power bar and in a different spot. It worked! So I shut it down and powered it up again. No luck... it won't stop restarting. However it doesn't pause when I press the power button anymore. It starts right away now. Anyway, I tried different combinations of plugs and placement and it the same every time.

I did however notice a little light on one of my power bars. It's called "Fault Site Wire." It's lit red. It lights up when I plug it into every outlet in my apartment except for the one above my kitchen counter and the one in the oven. Now that I think about it has been lit the entire time I've used it. I just assumed it was a power light or surge protection on light. So I tried plugging the computer into a long outdoor extension cord and plugging it into the outlet in my kitchen. It didn't change...

Does any of this mean anything? Did bad wiring hurt my computer somehow? I've had no other problems with any electronics.

I checked thw BIOS and this is what I found:
CPU Temp - 39.5 C
MB Temp - 25 C

VCORE 1.260v
3.3V Voltage 3.248v
5V Voltage 5.017v
12V Voltage 12.408v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom