My computer keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hephens

Beta member
Hello there, ever since i connected my 2 computers to the internet via ethernet and router i had to install the ethernet driver on 1 of my computers which came with my motherboard cd it was nividia brand driver. It can be from anywhere upto 5hours or so till the computer will just lock up and hard freeze, i reinstalled windows and as soon as i get my computer online and graphic display drivers installed within time it will just freeze up n i have to reinstall it again cause it wont load desktop it just loads up windows normal with nothing on the desktop i can ctr+alt del and thats the only thing i can do i reinstalled it again but didnt upgrade to service pack 3 and it still freezes but i can restart it and windows will work fine until it will freeze again. i have a feeling that maybe the drivers are conflicting between each other the graphics card and ethernet driver as they are both the same nividia brand what do u guys think

AMD athalonx2 64 2.6gh'z duel core
Asus m3n78-vm motherboard
2gig ram
nividia GeForce 9800gt
xp pro sp2

leaving it at sp2 i am able to restart and get onto windows when it freezes but on sp3 i cant restart it when it freezes nothing loads on desktop and i am sure its not a virus.

Now i'm not sure if its because of this but i checkd event viewer and it sais this

"The Upload Manager service failed to start due to the following error:
The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process."

This seems to be why its crashing?

Sounds like Explorer is crashing.

Download all the drivers for your motherboard from the manufacturers website.

yes and i notice when i play games it freezes and blurs picture aswel which seems like a driver problem for the vid card but i have the latest drivers for it and it all started happening ever since i connected the ethernet cable

Sounds like that would be a issue with your ethernet card drivers. Make sure you have the latest drivers for that along with your latest chipset drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom