My Computer Keeps Freezing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milliteq_CEO

In Runtime
My computer constantly freezes. I am running Vista Home, and on the side bar the CPU usage is at anywhere from 10%-20%, but the Random Access Memory bar is always at anywhere from 60%-100%. I have 1 gig of RAM in this bad boy, and it is relatively new. Should i buy another RAM card? Also, is the RAM card is the solution will that stop my music from freezing while i play my xbox 360?

More ram might solve your problem.You should get more ram regardless.Running vista on 1gb is kind of low since vista is known to be quite the ram hog.Now i'm not an expert by any means, but i do think more ram at least one 1gb stick more will show quite a performance improvement.

1GB of ram is minimum for XP let alone vista, get more ram as I suggest that vista is running too many processor's at once and your computer can't deal them and added programs that you will run

Two ways to solve this issue, one is get more ram, the other is to not use the aero interface. If you have Vista home basic then you can't use the aero interface anyways and more ram is the only option (min is 512). If you have home premium turn off aero interface and get AT LEAST 2 gig ram. The min is 1 gig, but i suggest no less than 2 gig for any computer running Vista.

Yes, you may need to change the theme settings to Windows Classic. Also, you can easily run XP with 512mb of RAM and have a decent machine, but 1GB for XP is usually the lowest recommended for smooth performance. For Vista its basically 2GB minimum.

If I were you I would just buy another gig of RAM. RAM is quite cheap and with 2 gigs of ram you should be able to keep on running that slick aero interface ;-)

I figured it was RAM problems. Thanks dudes i have been telling my mother we need to go to best buy, but she won't go... this god **** thing NEVER FAILS to freeze

Well, i put 3 gigs in here, and it still runs pretty crappy. I don't understand why it freezes so often... My CPU usage bar is always at 50%. Any new suggestions of how i can keep my computer from freezing?

Uhh....
Graphics
Display adapter type ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
Total available graphics memory 1407 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1279 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.421.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

CPU
Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
Intel Pentium D CPU 3.20 GHz

I don't know if that is what you were looking for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom