My computer hates me/BSOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
I've got a very unfortunate situation on my hands here. Brand new pc that is giving me the blue screen of death when I try to run a 3-D application (been trying to play Lord of the Rings Online). Other symptoms include 1) when I restart the comp after the BSOD, it freezes when I go to a text field and hit a key, 2) sometimes either the BSOD will flash and pc will restart or will not show but will just restart, and 3) pc will just freeze while playing.

This pc was shipped to me 6/21 and it started acting up on the 22nd. (today being July 1)

So far I've tried updating all of the drivers to the most recent versions. Then I tried searching online for how to troubleshoot the various stop messages (0x000000FE, 0x000000D1, 0x00000050, 0x0000000A, and 0x000000BE). Then I reinstalled operating system, twice. I upped the virtual memory from 2 GB to minimum 3, maximum 4. Lastly I have tried running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool twice and it appeared to have frozen at 23% on the first pass both times (could not hit F1 or Esc per the prompts on the bottom of the screen).

PC is running Vista 32-bit, AMD x2 4600 AM2 2.4GB, EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB, 250 GB SATA II 3GB 7200 RPM 8MB, ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Dx NForce 570, 2x GEIL 1024MB DDR2 PC6400 memory.

Thanks for looking!

did u buy this cpu retail from shop or of the net ? did you buy it as a barebones? windows already put on Processor already installed ?

I bought it off the net with everything installed. I called the company and they suggested that I reinstall Windows.

A couple things I forgot in my original post: 1) Oops...typo, 2.4 GHz not 2 GB on the processor, clearly, 2) I am able to open up and run the afforementioned 3-D application for a few minutes but it freezes before 5 minutes each time, and 3) I added the CPU meter gadget to the Vista sidebar and it is showing that when I start the pc up I'm running at 50% (it later drops to 30%) RAM usage.

Does this sound like bad RAM, all things considered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom