My computer Freezes right before the desktop screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaQ MaN410

Beta member
Okay I don't know why this happened because I didn't install any new programs, but now when my comuter loads up. Everything runs good but right when it comes to the desktop screen the screen freezes, mouse and everything..... And this always happens when the it comes to the desktop screen before the icons appear........... somebody tell me what 2 do!!!

restart, and before windows loads, press F8.
if you see a list, choose safe mode
when it boots up, only the necessary components of Windows will run.

from there, go to start -> run -> "msconfig"
and disable everything, except for antivirus

after you do that, do this:

Warez Monster said:
Follow these instructions carefully

Download ALL 8 programs and update if needed.

Ad Aware SE Personal Free

Spybot Search and Destroy Free

Windows Defender 2 Beta

HijackThis Free

Ewido

CCleaner

Cleanup!

Follow these steps

Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot.

Delete all cookies and temporary internet files in the control panel.

Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, Firewall, click apply, dont reboot yet.

Download Msconfig Cleanup below

Msconfig Cleanup Free

Run Msconfig Cleanup after you unchecked the items you were told to uncheck and recheck, click "Select All", then click "Clean up Selected", then click "Quit". Make sure your antivirus and firewall are not checked.

Now run each spyware program 1 by 1. Running all 3 at the same time will slow most systems down.

When each program has finished scanning, remove everything.

Now go to the recycle bin and delete everything that is in it.

When finished with the scans, reboot, and go into Safe Mode and run these scans again, remove everything they find, and then reboot back into Windows in normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom