My computer is broken or shorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanfe

Beta member
Hey guys i hope you can help me out. My name is Ryan Fellbaum and I built my computer almost 2 years ago.

At first my flash videos and videos non-related to windows media or quicktime had no sound.

Secondly i cant even do anything because my computer randomly freezes over and i restart it. I have had viruses, trojans and all that evil stuff but i think this is non-related. Here's the deal.

1) fairly new power supply since my first ran out on me. (came with case... POS)
2) It doesnt make a beeping noise when i turn it on. Did in the past when everything was fine.
3) There is no signal on the monitor and it seems to be idling or something.
4) The monitor is a nice and new 17" plasma so i know thats not the case.

I had this problem months ago but it turned on after a while and was fine till now. Any help is appreciated. If necessary I can tell you the parts I put in the computer.

u mean u have just changed the PSU? 1 beep means everythng is healthy, while yours not showing anything, means something is wrong, and if the PSU is new, means there is something wrong with PSU.

The PSU isnt brand new, ive had it for months but only had this problem with this PSU. :mad:

I think i may have shorted something

The single beep does not occur anymore and it shows nothing on the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom