my computer blackout suddnely!@# - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default my computer blackout suddnely!@#

This evening when i boot my computer it seens to fail.I can still enter the bios setup but when want to reach the windows xp loading screen ,the monitor become black-out.(nothing appear,no text word or pic.The monitor only show black screen.This morning i can still boot my computer,but i face some problem and i press my power button for 8 seconds to shut down it.After that ,i close the main switch.After few hours to evening,i tried to boot my computter but this problem appear.I keep restart computer,change all things to default in bios setup to see any changes,but all of these failed.Black-out screen still seen.*Was this problem because of my computer over-heating?
*iam using windows xp profesional

Old 09-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: my computer blackout suddnely!@#

um well does it just reboot itself or do you have to manuallly turn it off. My best guess is check and make sure the heatsink (the part cooling your cpu) is firmly attached. Usually the stock ones have these plastic turn tightening things, just wiggle those and well if they wiggle then you should get them tight.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ya i ithnk the fan are fixed firmly.the computer didnt restart itself,i need to press the power button or restart
Old 09-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing
Send a message via MSN to Nick

Repeatedly press F8 before windows begins to load so you can see if you can enter safe mode.
Closed Thread