"My cd rom drive is making it go by 30 times and i don't know what to do."
"My cd rom drive works perfect and runs great."
- that sounds really contradicting to me.
"A. buy a new cd rom drive"
- u can always do that, won't hurt to get an extra drive even your old one is working fine.
"B. you tell me"
- ask politely and say thanks will defintely get you more help and response.
- anyway, check a few things:
1. go BIOS and see if your cd rom drive is even there
2. put a bootup CD and see if it boots up after post, make sure it was on top of the HDD in the bootup priority though
3. detach your IDE cable from the CD rom and see if the system can boot up without the CD rom, that should tell u if you problem is even related to the CD rom at all.