my comp started crashing... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
My computer has just recently started crashing about 10 seconds into linx... which i think is funny, because it still runs folding at home on 6 cores just fine. i was thinking it might be the ram, but i ran memtest over night and got 11 passes, no errors.. also have tried prime95, and that does not crash.. i havent run it for more than about a minute though..

any ideas? advice? suggestions?

not much to explain. when i run linx, it locks up (no bsod) about 10s into the test and i have to restart. when i run prime95 its fine.

folding also works fine

I am going with an unstable OC. That is exactly what mine would do with linx if I did not have enough volts. I was playing with how low I could go and remain stable. Linx is much more intensive than prime95.

Back down your OC and test.

Haha I though you had a typo Linux. But no it all vbecomes clear.

Yha as Hef said.. Odd though, usually folding is harder on a system, as with mine, prime runs indefinsately, folding goes 35hrs is.

looking more like i need a new hard drive now.. ran linx on my other drive and had no problems. oh well, its about time my 500gb died. i mean im holding the SATA connectors on the back with superglue. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom