my comp is messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8doastuff

Solid State Member
ok i turned on my pc and my internet was down. so i reset it and restarted my computer to make things easy. when i restarted after it loaded up all i saw was my desktop background. i couldnt see my taskbar or icons. i couldnt ctrl=alt=del. i restarted my comp a few times but ended up with the same results. eventually all i got was a black screen with no signal. i tried troubleshooting by taking out the ram, the gfx card, checking connections, resetting the bios and changing the jumpers. i still get no signal to my monitor and my motherboard doesn't even make the beep noises it normally makes when loading.
i have a custom computer

mobo: MSI K9N6PGM2-V Motherboard - NVIDIA GeForce 6100, Socket AM2, MicroATX, Audio, Video, PCI Express, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, RAID

processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Processor ADO5000IAA5DO - 2.60GHz, 1MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Dual-Core, Socket AM2, OEM Processor

gfx card:EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support

I would like to know what could be wrong? Im leaning towards the motherboard being dead. but if not does anyone have advice to maybe fix this?

thanks

Maybe a RAM problem? When you said 'taking out the RAM', do you mean you just reseated it (taking it out and putting it back in again), or did you try different sticks to see if any were dead?

If not, remove all but one stick of RAM and see if it'll boot. If that doesn't work, try another, etc.

You might be able to try a Repair install of XP. It doesnt sound like a hardware issue to me since you were able to get to the desktop but not get anything loaded. Which indicates a Profile problem to me. Not a hardware issue.

i stated that i eventually got a black screen with no signal when i turned my pc on. i dont even hear my mobo turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom