My audio and ethernet controllers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalcarnage

Solid State Member
I formatted my other computer, but the audio and ethernet controller were uninstalled and now there is no information in hardware profiles on them.

So uh, does anyone know where or how I could find out what type it is and or a file to burn to a cd so I can install them again?

What kind of computer do you have?? If it isan OEM like Dell, HP, Compaq, etc. etc. then you SHOULD have recieved a drivers disc with it.

If you built your own computer, then you should have recieved this disc with the motherboard.

If you don't have the disc, you will have to go to the motherboard makers website and try to locate the driver files for your components. With the vanilla description of the problem, there is nothing we can do without more info..... What kind of motherboard, what kind of chipset, etc. etc.

P4P800 ASUS motherboard.

I don't have any of this stuff 'cause I was given the computer by my friends cousin who got it from a burnt down building. So if there is anything else that I need to find out could you help me find it,, like how you said what kind of chipsets 'cause I don't even know what a chipset is exactly.

I found some BIOS for it, would that do the trick?

Well, what I can do is direct you to the ASUS driver download page... Can you verify FOR SURE the model of the motherboard....

Here is the download page
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

in the upper left corner, there are 2 fields, top one is 'Input Model to Search' and the bottom field is 'Select Catagory'.... Set the catagory to DRIVERS, and input your motherboard model into the top field. The model should be printed someone on the actual motherboard....

According to Asus, the following models exist that your's could be...

P4P800 Deluxe
P4P800
P4P800 SE
P4P800-E Deluxe
P4P800-X
P4P800-VM
P4P800S
P4P800S-E Deluxe
P4P800S SE
P4P800S-X
P4P800-MX

Status