Is my AGP port fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
I just bought another gig of 2x512 value corsair ram making it 2 gigs total in my computer. I unplugged my computer, set it on the ground and went to work. I also installed my new audigy 2zs sound card. After I plug everything back in, one of my wires got tangled in the HSF so I shut it off, untangled it, then tried turning my computer back on..but nothing happened. I unplugged the power, let it sit for a few minutes, plugged it back in, and it turned on just fine. Now, here's the problem. The computer sounds like it's running just fine, but my monitor stays turned off. I turned it off, tried a few more times, but to no avail. I switched in my old video card, and got the same problem. Did my AGP port fry or something?

Could have shorted it....did you try different monitors? What about throwing your video card into another machine?

The51 said:
Could have shorted it....did you try different monitors? What about throwing your video card into another machine?

I had dual monitors and both werent starting up, and also the monitor I'm using right now is one of them that wasnt starting, so I know the monitors arent the problem.

I still have yet to put the video card into this computer to see if it works, I think it does because the fan was spinning after I turned the computer on.

If it ends up being the AGP port that's fried, do I have to call newegg up and get an RMA? BTW, this computer is under a month old.

Alright, I was re-seating my RAM, and I my hands apparently arent very coordinated to put RAM in, so after I got one stick in, and tried for what seemed hours to get the other in, I said screw it and decided to see if the system booted up with just a 512 stick in. Guess what, it worked! So now, what does this mean? My system worked fine at around noon, then I got the new RAM from newegg around 12:30, then tried putting the other stuff in and it didnt work, so maybe I just bumped something?

that makes no sense, does that mean the RAM is faulty then?? then you got new ram from newegg and it didnt work...? so maybe you just cant use up all the ram slots or something ?

PZEROFGH said:
that makes no sense, does that mean the RAM is faulty then?? then you got new ram from newegg and it didnt work...? so maybe you just cant use up all the ram slots or something ?

I have no clue what's going on. After I had only 1 stick in, I put in the other 512, and it worked normal. So I decided to put in the third 512 stick, I pushed as hard as I could to the point I thought my mobo might snap and the stick was even with the one next to it, but the bottom clip wasnt in, so I just decided to turn on my computer for the hell of it. I think the posting is when it shows all of the parts on the mobo (like when it shows the memory total, someone correct me if I'm wrong) and it showed 1500mb so it recognized it, but then said windows had an error, please start in: safe mode, last good configuration, etc, I chose normal start up and it just kept restarting itself. So I took the third stick out, left the original 2, and it was back to the orginal problem I previously posted. So I'm done working with it tonight and I'm just leaving the current 512mb it has in it until I feel the urge to feel frustrated again.

If anyone knows how I can get all 4 512 sticks in safely please post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom