is my 7900gt bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
hey...I've had my new pc for a while now. but it just LOVES to crash to desktop when playing oblivion...bw 2, bf 2, etc. I get the blue screen of death a bit too.

I had atitool running my card for a while at 550 and such...but my temps were around 60 load... my cpu is like 45 load. Any guesses? this is getting realllly frustrating. :rolleyes:

remove any overclocking tools like atitool then reinstall the drivers and see if it helps.

on the bsod does it actually say theres a prob with the graphics card/driver?

set it back to the default clock frequency and uninstall ati tools. bad frequencies will cause that.

it said nv something a few times...but before i got some "not less or equal". I think that one was about over heating.

mmm..i ousted atitool...my oc was only yielding like 3-6 fps more. Ill have to dl 3dmark. It always took too long..but now that im the college network i should be able to find it. ii keep getting to "send error report?" thingys when they crash too.

ok...i just got 3dmark05. It ran up until the flying boat thing...then it ran it at really shitty settings...yet 2 fps???!!!!. Shortly after, it crashed! WTF

I just DL'd prime 95....ran stable for 6 minutes? my vcore is 1.38...loading at 45 C. Should I bump the voltage? to like 1.40-1.42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom