MX518 Performance Mouse Issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to MrSpecial
Default MX518 Performance Mouse Issues

Hello, I am having trouble with my Logitech, MX518 Performance Mouse. This mouse is supposed to be helping my gaming, but I am only seeing problems. This mouse cost $50, and my original Dell mouse seems to be better.

The problem is that the cursor moves all by itself. My mouse is not moving, and I'm not even touching it, and it will sometimes just move around. This is especially hard when I am trying to play games, because I either shoot at something I don't want to, or I click on the wrong in-game buttons. I would say that it is not AS bad outside of my games, but it is sometimes hard to tell. I never had this problem on my old mouse(although, it would occasionally spin towards the ceiling).

I have tryed changing the mouse sensitivity settings to lower values, to see if that would work. I've also checked to see if I am using my mouse on a level surface; it appears to be level to me. Is this even a problem with my mouse? Or is it something different? Either way, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

it might just be your mouse pad. I had the same problem with a cheapo basic Logitech mouse.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I was just about to say that. A mouse like that, needs a really good mouse mat for it to track properly.

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Old 11-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to PZEROFGH

that happened to me on my MX518, make sure its on a flat surface not something sloped or anything.
AIM/Xfire - pzerofgh
Closed Thread